View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #4
KAYE RIVERCITY

kblackav8or.....you live in San Diego[SUN].....I live in Ohio we have winter[DARK&DANK]....it lasts 4 months[D-J-F-M].....it is dark gray with snow-sleet----very little sun....rain and rain and more rain or freezing rain, rain and more freezing rain with slush and miserable winds....did I mention rain?...anyway most of the time I travel it is during the day and very very little at nite-I'm not interested in seeing my neighbors watching me or drinking and argueing with their tv set or their kids smoking dope.....If I need to look out I have a full width and height back door 8.5'X8' and a 24" side door with screen if I aim the trailer correctly, I might see something I can appreciate....most of the times it is nothing but other campers or trucks in a truck stop-campground- or a expressway truck parking area or a chicken coop haven for trucks-or police command center parking area[damn RED/Blue Lites-they can turn them off once in a while-can't they?]....Walmart parking lot isn't really very interesting either.....When I close up for the nite the trailer and truck are not penertable by those with evil intent. That is more important than anything else to me-even with the dog-who will wake me if anything is remotely remarkable+electronic sensors/security......I value security and quiet and comfort and good books to read[I have to go on vacation to read a book anymore]....But others must have windows and glass and all kinds of blinds and window treatments with multi-pane windows-some even with the new heat mirror treatment between panes.....that's why there are so many manufactures doing their thing these days-to make a coach or trailer "a home like experience". If you get a chance look at the FEMA trailers heading to N.O. and Texas....imagine looking out the windows at 3500 other trailers looking exactly the same....that's sucidial or clinicaly depressing at least.....and downright insane......but my interests are else where-the beach-the parks-the mountains-the ocean I'm out in it all day .....at nite my interests are different. Hope you understand....we can't all be the same with the same interests.....resale is not even an issue to me as my trailer is a carhauler and can be converted to haul 2 cars in 10 minuites for those days at the track-fishing cabin or hunting lodge or in the motorhome trailer area for viewing NASCAR-[pass a beer please!]......geofkaye