View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
TransportDesigns

I can understand the problems you are having with the 3M tape. We've used it for many years and have great success, but occasionally you have an area that will "pop". (I'd like to know who Trucker Willie is as I am unaware with anyone calling me and getting no satisfaction with this or any other problem, but likely he'll slam me on this blog and never call).

The correct way to apply this 3m product is quite labor intensive. Double cleaning of the wall tube is a must - that is two separate wipe down with a degreaser. Then apply heat - a lot of it - and finally an adhesion promoter - a very expensive product ($100 / gal). That adhesion promoter must be applied to ALL surfaces of the materials to be bonded. It's been only in the last 2 tears we've "discovered" this adhesion promoter and it works very well.

Galvanized roofing is really "ancient technology" - you generally cannot buy it seamless (we stopped using it on our low cost line of trailers in 1992 because of the leak problems. It can be coated to help, but I'd suggest looking into installing a rubber roof over it. It is time consuming, but will stop it from leaking if properly applied.

I'd be only happy to help in any way I can - feel free to call or write. My name and company is listed - no hiding behind a moniker.
TransportDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote