View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
GypsyProgrammer

I don't have prices for SS Bridgestones, but I was at TA a couple days ago and their 'specials' for virgin 295 drive tires were $225 for their cheaper Firestones and $310 for Bridgestones. So as a price comparison I'd want to see 495 SS tires in the $450 to $620 each range. That doesn't put $1700 an axle too far off once you figure in two new wheels. I haven't verified pricing anywhere else, but a search on google turned up Alcoa hub-piloted SS wheels for $225 each.

I suspect those particular Bridgestones are going to be pricey. That link points to their run-flat tires that have an inflated safety ring inside that is supposed to keep them from going completely flat.

Of course, if you're making the change because you want SS and not because you absolutely have to have tires, you'll also have a set of normal drive tires/wheels to sell off.

I remember seeing these on Amoco tanker trucks quite a few years ago. You dont see an awful lot of them OTR, probably because they aren't common OEM and drivers probably feel they can feel they can handle losing one of their duals easier than they could losing one of these. That's the problem these Bridgestones are trying to address.

-lee
GypsyProgrammer is offline   Reply With Quote