Thread: Twin Screw
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 10:31 PM   #11
5erFool (John)

Blueskies,
I noted the comment on your "motorhome".. now that can open a whole can of worms... if you are talking about a truckconversion like the showhauler or Kingsleycoach or Butlercoach etc and not just a "toter" motorhome that is a different situation. Most of the people that I have talked to that built on a single rear axle frame were wishing they had gone to tandem. The 20,000lb rear axle IS overloadable with a big motorhome. It will probably be near the 32,000 lb limit.. or at least this is what I have seen... I will have a dual tandem setup when I finally get mine. The ones I have driven did not ride rough at all even though I didn't have them loaded.The two I drove that were single rear axle did ride marginally softer but did scale at near 30,000 lb without any water,little fuel, and no personal items. depending on the front axle rating that leaves approximately 2,000 lb assuming the weight is perfectly positioned. If it is a truck (oops,motorhome) /5er combination that is a totally diferent situation.. The totally unloaded dual tandem would have to ride a bit rough I would think.
JMHO
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote