View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 08:27 AM   #1
photoguy

I'm new at this forum, but becoming an addict.

I just knew that there had to be somebody that was putting RV bodies on a Class 7 or 8 truck. It has been my dream for 4 or 5 years, but I never saw one except at races. I've been looking on the web for quite some time and one night I came across "Truckcoversion.com". Holy Cow! There is somebody out there doing it and the conversions are really cool.

In this last few months I have been all over the web trying to find this forum, knowing there just had to be one and finally after all this time it was right under my nose.

I read with great interest the photo history of Warpath's Showhauler. I was so enthralled by the process that I made a point of going to the Showhauler plant. Great experience and Lonnie couldn't have been nicer. I'm looking throuhout the scope of the major manufacturer's to see who can provide me with what I want in an RV/motorhome.

First of all, I'm looking 4-5 years down the road. I will be retiring and will probably sell my house to be able to afford this vehicle/home. I plan on the motorhome becoming my place of residence

Most of the folks on the forum are familiar with Showhauler, Haulmark, NRC, & Kibbi, but I have only seen limited comment on Kingsley and virtually no comment on Powerhouse Coach. Is there a reason? Are they not as good? Are they a different price range? Are they too far away for us folks in the Midwest and East to do business with? Would someone with contact with Powerhouse, either as a customer or know someone who has owned one please fill me in?

I'm so impressed with the Showhauler and NRC building methods. Both are built like forts and that is what I want around me and my wife. The idea that if I have problems on the road that I can go to just about any truck stop facility and get it fixed and not have to be dragged off to the nearest dealer just makes too much sense.

I'm beginning to ramble. I'll have many questions in the future. I can tell by the comments that I have seen in this forum that there are some extremely knowledgeable and friendly people left in this world. I look forward to future discussions with you.
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote