View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
40,000 mile TC user

I owned a Kingsley from 2001 to 2003. While I loved the concept, the actual delivered product was a disaster. My coach was built in PA, and was the first that was built with a car lift for the garage. The lift was built by an outside company and worked great. The lower bay structure which Kingsley is very proud of was plauged with rust problems from day one. Water got in everywhere. Many welds were missing large areas were never painted. The workmanship was poor.
During one of my visits, I saw a letter sent by OSHA stating that during an inspection they found employees smoking pot during breaks. I don't believe that Kingsley has a drug testing policy. They should.
My Coach was back to Kingsley 4 or five times, and I was without it for 7-8 months.

Less than 2 years after I got my coach it burned to the ground.

See pictures in the photo section. I was gone when it happened, but fellow campground neighbors took some amazing pictures.
The fire by all accounts started in the electronics cabinet, built by Kingsley and Thor, and then modified by Kingsley to add a satelite TV tuner.
My loss on this was over $ 80K.
Needless to say, I was quite disappointed.
Kingsleys response was very measured, but they were willing to build another one for only $100K more than what I originally paid.
I passed.
I am sure that others have had better experiences, but all will agree, that Kingsley cut corners at every opportunity.
I have even seen a $500K Coach built by Kingsley that has the name misspelled above the winshield. I kid you not. So much for quality control.
While they may aspire to be at the top of the TC heap, they seem much more at ease dealing with non demanding cusomers looking for a lower level product.

I hope this helps people in their evaluations.