View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #67
Ran D. St. Clair

Spending money like a politician…

I have just completed spending what I hope will be the bulk of the money on this project. The truck itself is still mostly an empty shell, but I want to have all the big ticket items in hand to complete the final design tweaks. I also want to make all the necessary holes in the floor and ceiling and have everything be completely weather tight before I even begin the interior construction.

So… Now would be a good time to list a costed BOM (Bill of Materials). In order to keep it simple I will try to list what things actually cost me including taxes, shipping, etc. I bought it all new, so I assume you could do better via E-bay, or whatever, especially if you were to bargain or your name is Geofkaye.

$14,000__Truck, Mitusubish FUSO, 2002, 14ft box
_$1,155__Taxes on Truck
___$522__Registration (Annual)
___$300__Pegistration Penalties (one time only)
_$1,267__Insurance for Truck (Annual)
_$4,725__ECOJOHN Propane toilet
_$2,788__Sunfrost RF12 Refrigerator, 12V
_$1,374__Honda Eu200i Portable Generator
___$237__Turbo/MAXX Vent Cover w. Fan
___$794__Coleman Polar Cub Air Conditioner 9200 BTU
___$663__Atwood 3 burner Propane Range
___$116__Steel Safe, SentrySafe, X105
___$534__Platinum Cat Propane Catalytic Vented Heater
___$179__Sensar Amplified Directional RV Broadcast TV Antenna w Wingman focusing elements
___$407__Battery Charger, Iota Smart Charger/Converter w Controller
___$544__Inverter, Power Express, 2,500W
___$240__DC/AC Current Clamp Meter
___$154__Stove Hood w Charcoal Filter

$28,048__Subtotal

I will come back to this post and update it from time to time, but for now, here are some additional items that I plan to buy but haven’t nailed down yet.

_________WiFi Antenna, high gain, omnidirectional
_________WiFi Antenna, Ultra high gain, directional, with crank up and pointing system
_________HRV – Heat Recovery Venting System
_________LED Task Lighting with Switches
_________Microwave
_________Sink
_________Electrical Outlets, Boxes, Conduit, 110V and 12V
_________Propane Tanks
_________Lots of ½” Plywood and a fair amount of ¾” Plywood
_________Lots of R-MAX Foam Insulation
_________Single Foam Mattress (x2)
_________12V Electric Blankets

Beyond these larger ticket items there are lots of smaller items like miscellaneous wood, brackets, paint, etc. I haven’t been keeping close track but it isn’t that much yet.

As of this moment this thread is now fully caught up with the actual build progress. Future posts will have to slow a bit to keep pace. The immediate next step is to take delivery of all this stuff and find a place to store it.

To be continued…
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote