Thread: Windows
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Chris Taylor

I need to throw some windows in my 48' trailer... currently sleeping in the gooseneck until I can afford to tackle a toter project or buy one cheap. In Texas a lot of months one can get by without AC and a noisy generator if there's some airflow... so I'd like to put a sliding window or two on each side of the trailer. I inherited a BUNCH of 12v fans that I can mount next to the window to help move a cross breeze or run a box fan off the inverter if running genny during the day.

Curious where folks have bought their windows. I found this site that seems pretty dang cheap but I know you usually get what you pay for:
http://www.lowcosttrailersuppl...ge=LCTS/CTGY/WINDOWS

I'm also a little nervous about cutting into my almost brand new trailer. How daunting is a window install on an existing box? Any tips/tricks/photos of the process? I've followed a couple of the build threads and it seems like a lot of guys just draw on it with a sharpie, cut a hole and have a window installed within an hour or so but it just seems daunting to me. I've got no issue running a saw or welding, just worried about screwing up the side of my nice trailer!
Chris Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote