Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Bob, welcome to truckconversion.net! I'm sure glad you've come over here. I wish they would have left all the posts and the thread up at rv.net and just locked it down. It was SOOOO amazing. You can't believe how rude and attacking people were to me. All because I simply suggested adding a chassis forum. The most brutal attacks came from "Acampingwewillgo" and "Dutch_12078." Curiously they both own older class A's.

Anyway, great job on your rig build. You are very lucky to get such a powertrain too. That DD15 is a great motor. So many of the MB450's out there and I've talked to a bunch of truck mechanics that aren't that fond of them. My son is an over-the-road truck driver and his company truck is a Freighliner Columbia with the Mercedes motor. He would rather have a Cat or Det in it he says. But he drives like 3-5k miles a week I think. And he's mostly right at 80k lbs.

Showhaulers are real nice. I tried to buy one from a guy built on a Kenworth T2000. We couldn't agree on the price so I ended up finding the United Specialties I bought. All is good.

Maybe you can come to the hdt rally?