View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
volvoman

1st make sure you buy a diesel generator. i don't know how many small diesel generators are made. if buying new check spec sheet on installing electric pumps. or call manufacture on either way new or used. best way i know to tap into tank is to check for pipe plug on top of tank. you will need to find or make a stand pipe to pickup fuel. other wise remove tank and have some one weld in a pickup port. keep bottom of pickup tube 2-3 inches above were truck engine picks up off bottom of tank. so if generator runs out of fuel you can still get to a station. i don't suggest teeing in to truck pickup tube but you maybe able to do it. it may starve engine on hard pulls if running generator going down the road. also if all lines and fittings are not sealed good it will let fuel run back to tank. engine will start and run on filter fuel and die.you will have to re prime fuel system. also make sure if you change filter to fill with fuel. some engines have a lift pump that will fill but you have to crank engine over quite a bit. when you get it ask and i will help all i can. i check in every couple days.
volvoman is offline   Reply With Quote