View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Also, shouldn't the voltage at the truck batteries be 13.4v when the switch is set to that position and the charger is powered from shore power? Something is goofy here. I don't have any problem running a 8 guage wire from the charger directly to the main switch terminal if that's going to solve my problem. The main reason I am trying to figure all this out is that right after buying my rig I had to replace all 5 batteries. They were all crap. The truck had been sitting on the dealers lot for almost a year and a half. So, I just figured they hadn't kept the batteries fully charged and let them freeze over the winter and killed them. But, I also now notice when I've got the fantastic fan running in the bathroom and I flush the toilet the fan slows down noticably, like it's losing amps/volts. Then after the head is done flushing it speeds back up. That's when I started checking everything with my voltage meter and found this.