View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
blizzardND

I think the flash made the green wires look blue, the bus-bar the whites are hooked to is insulated from the box. the wires from the splice boxes to the fuse box is the same wire, I'm not too afraid of over heating as they are connected to either 3 over head lights, or 2-3 wall outlets, on a 15 amp breaker, the longest run anywhere in the truck isn't much over 20 ' so voltage drop isn't my concern either.

the 30 amp GFCI breaker is intended to protect you when there is a problem when you are just on genny or batt/inverter power and NOT rounded to the shore power ground. The problem is the truck then has no actual ground until you grab the metal door handle in the rain, then your body becomes the ground.

I bought the inverter in Elkhart (surplus)for 450 dollars, it needed an 1100 dollar circuit board, then the tech notice somebody was already inside that box and told me the replacement board wouldn't work either. Sooo... I bought a re manufactured unit form him for 1200, with a 90 day parts and 2 year labor warranty.

great guy Robert at One Stop Cop shop in Colorado Springs Co. He's an authorized Xantrex tech. they do a lot of ambulances and special law informant RV and trailer work.

Robert figured the 2 bad Golf Cart batteries I had replaced caused the inverter charger to over work and burn out. I made Sams club replace all 4.

I added a bigger 12x24 vent grills on both sides of the inverter to replace the 10x12 ones in the picture that should take care of the cooling issue.

I'm going to fire the Rumrunner up and take it home where my tools have been moved back to and spend the weekend re-assembling it.

watch for pictures, if you guys have any thoughts or precautions let me know,I'll check in frequently from my laptop.
-blizz