View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #156
Bob86ZZ4

Quote:
wire comes out. Some of the really fancy ones have built in shrink tubing with what amounts to hot melt glue inside. They seal up really nice but are expensive and not always available at your local home improvement store. I find this is another terrific use for Goop. A little dab around the back of the crimp lug will seal the joint and dry to provide a compliant strain relief. Of course there is always regular shrink tubing as well.

To be continued….

Ignored post by Ran D. St. Clair posted February 14, 2010 01:04 AM Show Post

Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Please Wait. Your request is being processed...
Logout: TruckConversion.net
Update LiveCloud Account Reply
The rear hole with the barb fitting is only designed to be used with 14 guage solid. They make the holes too small to push in a 12 guage.

You can wrap stranded wire around a screw teminal. The trick is this. You strip back the insulation about 1/2"-5/8". Then take that end between your thumb and finger and twist the strands counterclockwise (the opposite of the way they come from the factory). Then wrap the wire as tightly as you can around the screw (clockwise of course so when you tighten the screw it tends to pull the wire tighter around the shaft of the screw). This trick works pretty well. It was taught to me by a master electrician so I think it's legal too.