View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #108
geofkaye

....towing: if you have time and the energy grab a tow clevis or two in the 30ton range and bolt to the frame where you want them to lift on the rear....otherwise they will do something that is expensive to repair.....all of my recovery damage is caused by my driver doing the hook up poorly-lie as I may-the insurance company will catch me every time trying to lie my way out of the repair cost issue-though I do get the cost price-it still sucks! Under belly lifts are the magic wand these days because of the all plastic front ends and other crap hanging on both ends of the trucks.....nothing will replace a set of lifting eyes for doing the job right with out damage....make sure they are in _your rig_-or go to the junk yard and get 2-4 for lifting correctly[also the drop pins and the hair pins]....tow drivers seem to never have a pair or they can not find them and want use a board to act as a bumper and that is where the problems start......cracking a plastic front bumper is about $500 for a glue job and a replacement is a heart attack in the making.....geofkaye and the Rivercity Group
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote