View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Duff

It's not that I'm really short on storage--I have a lot of storage space that just isn't very functional. If I had to guess, half of the basement storage is empty space (the bottom of the bays is about 6" below the bottom of the opening, which is only about 10" high), and I have several cabinets inside that are empty largely because they are hard to get to (like the ones under the nightstands, and overhead ones in the bedroom). The other problem with towing a trailer is dealing with the car (the trailer starts getting pretty big).

I think I'm aware of the cost of construction--I was actually somewhat shocked earlier this week when I compared blizz's list to my own. I expected to find guesses where I was way off, or things I had forgotten, but ended up pretty close (except where the designs are obviously different). Of course, I'll probably multiply my final estimate by 1.5 or 2 in figuring out how much cash I'll need. The harder estimate is the amount of time it will take...