View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Bob86ZZ4

I wonder if you can get it inspected by any cop. In MN if you want to register a rv you've just created you need a cop to inspect it and sign off on a form swearing that it has whatever rv type stuff it needs. Like a toilet, stove, generator, water supply, etc.... I know other states have something like that too. A friend of mine here in MN built a few truck conversions for people out of state and I inspected them for them and signed off on the form for whatever state they were from so they could get them registered. I'm just a St. Paul cop too. If it only needs a local cop to inspect I bet you could call the city cops you're in (or sheriff if you're not in a city with cops) and they'd send somebody over for a "vehicle inspection." Otherwise maybe you've got to take it to a state inspection station of some sort?

Not unusual to find a cranky clerk at a dmv office. You wouldn't believe some of the stories some people bring in to them. Maybe she just finished dealing with some idiot and took her anger out on you. You'd think anybody would just be happy with a job these days.