View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
geofkaye

...most of the builders are belly up and eating each others first born.....go to LOWE'S and buy off the floor....make sure the cabinet will not open in transit by using 6"X2" Velcro strips to hold the doors closed....mount with sheet metal screws that are 2" long usually a #12 and use a finish washer in the inside....they will be the same price as the RV stuff and much better made with a back and glued joints. I have been finding good used kitchen stuff that is well made and refinishing the cabinet fronts-replacing interior wood[shelves] if it is stained and using shelf liners-to keep things from moving around and vibrating/chipping....the older cabinets are all wood/real plywood!!! and well made....just need to refinish the front doors and install locking devices.....I made/built a trailer with locks on all cabinet doors-I also used child protectors to keep the cabinets from being opened by "little hands".....appreciated by mom and all that have ever cleaned up cabinets opening in transit with contents all over the place.....use a keyed locking system-one key fits all-and lock all before you up stakes and head into the sunset..... as far as the RV interior stuff-I'd suggest using home type or porch furniture and just attaching it to the wall with Velcro straps when driveing...I use an E- track system in my personal trailer-which is over build but I had it on hand.....also I can change the trailer from hunting-fishing-NASCAR-beach in Fla to vacation mode in 15 minutes...change the kitchen set up and change out the freezer to a refrig-wine cooler or ice chest in 10 minutes....washer/dryer rolls in and out also-along with fans/heaters/dehumidifier/A-C unites/air cleaners/ 36" fans for beach time....the only things that are non removable are the toilet which is an INCINOLET and the Shower...everything else is portable/pluggable/pintable/cleanable/replaceable on the road/including the bed pallets/matraces can be changed out to a 7' round bed along with a stripper pole;&gt [more about that later] I have been working on a instant hot water system that will never run out of hot water-ever!....propane cylinders on the tractor and extra water tank for boon docking or races when if there isn't a hook up...at the end of the race I take a nap and shower while the traffic leaves....I drive a little later but it is safer than the crowd that might be drinking too much....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote