View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Radman

STT,I will take a swing at it. First off, I am a moto guy. I haul motorcycles with my truck but a lot of the same logic pertains to your mission.

What I learned early in my toy hauling adventures, the worst thing to do is to be "under trucked". You start off with wanting to save a few bucks and you don't begin with a strong enough foundation. Then later you really get into it and learn that on your base vehicle, it no longer makes sense to put the money or the added features on the minimalist foundation that you started with...your "under trucked".

I think that is why a lot of us are here with some pretty big rigs to haul or toys and our lives around. We seldom have to worry much about weight we add to the design or how much we haul...within reason of course.

Now looking at your current set-up, I am sure you're well aware of that problem.

How are you going to use it and how much weight is in the trailer are the first variables to pin down.

I am in STL and would be happy to talk with you and share whatever I have learned that may help you out.

Send me a PM and I will help where I can.

Rad