Thread: New Seats
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
Warpath

O.K. put 6 hours on the seats this weekend.

On the way out I was miserable! The seats are Leather and I found out that there is no way to adjust the front of the seat bottom. So I was constantly sliding forward on the seat on the slippery new leather. When I got to my destination I sprayed the seat with some Windex (only thing I had that I figured would not harm the leather to much) to give the seat some grip. The ride home was much better, but it would have been so nice to raise the front of the seat bottom just a titch.

This is one thing I overlooked when I was comparing seats, and absolutely cannot believe a seat with this quality does not have a seat bottom adjustment.(I called the factory to get verification on this omission) I only need about a 1/2" or less lift on the front of the seat and will look underneath the seat to see if I can make a modification.

Other than that, the suspension on this seat is awesome! Blows away the Talladega 915's. Love the longer arm rests as well.

Even so, I cannot recommend this seat without the ability to adjust the seat bottom. It is something I would not think was a big deal, but with the very flat feel of the bottom of this seat, it really is a big problem. Unfortunately, to gain this feature you have to buy the SLE series seat which is double the price, you do gain the heated seat and vibration feature. (woopie!)

Bill