View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 07:31 AM   #13
Bob86ZZ4

I support you Gene. I'm a self do-er too. I almost always try to do everything myself. Mostly because I'm too broke and cheap to pay somebody to do it. A lot of guys on here have huge amounts of talent and could likely do this job and make it look good and work well. I'm not thinking I'm one of those guys. There's nothing wrong with knowing one's limits and knowing when to pay somebody else to do it. I know of some other rv forums that have tons more users and I'll bet less of them would even consider suggesting you do that job yourself. $2.5k isn't much considering the overall cost of your truck. And, you're going to own that thing for a long long time. So, over the next 20 years what's that like a bit over $100/year? I'm even worse with math than I am with mechanics. From what I've read and seen Silver Crown is top notch and I don't doubt that door is going to look and work great. I also think that's a great idea to add it because countless times you'll want to just toss something in there or grab something out of there and you won't want to drop the ramp down. Or you'll have a trailer or bike rack on the back and that will make it not feasable to get the ramp down.

I think we should have a truck conversion ralley like those family motor coach guys do. Or maybe we should all join them and attend their ralley and take over a section with truck conversions? They had their big national getogether here in MN last year and I checked out all the rigs. There were only two t/c's!