Thread: A/c Mod
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
Bob86ZZ4

I'm not understanding (which is pretty normal for me). If you can run your generator it'll power everything so not a problem just turning on that garage a/c unit on generator power. Now, you can get an adapter to change your 50 plug on your shore power cable down to a 30 amp plug. Then get an adapter to reduce that 30 amp plug to a 15 amp standard wall plug type. Then you can plug into any old standard 15 or 20 amp wall plug and run whatever you want in the coach. Just can't turn too much stuff on. The single roof air will run just fine from a standard wall outlet like I've said. I've done it a bunch with my rig. I always have both of those adapters in my electrical compartment. As well as a couple of 25' 30 amp cords that I bought at Walmart. That way you can run rather heavy low resistance wire all the way to the nearest wall outlet on any house or building. Is that what you want to do? Be able to power that single roof air unit from a plug somewhere?