View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #90
geofkaye

.....RE: MISTAKES AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS.... A department store-[h.h.gregg] apartment style gas stove is $170 from Maytag and LEDS are cheap from a off shore truck lite manufacture....ABOUT $ 14 each ready to install-I use "back up lites" and buy them by the case of 24....they are about 1/4 the price of a US manufacture rite now-for white lite....the reds/yellows are less than $10 each by the case(24). There are a lot of boat accessories that are LED now so one can modify as needed for utility/cabinet lites.....The stove is ready to bolt up/down AND THE ELECTRIC IS EVEN EASIER JUST PLUG IT IN....some require a change of orifice and some do not....read the directions and modify as needed.....personally I never use a stove in a MH for any reason.... small hot plate is obsolete..[I'm scared poopless of fire and explosions inside] [ unless I get to detonate a large super charge/napalm-then I get excited!].....so I use a outside gas grill for cooking and a microwave inside for anything else....I suck at cooking so I do eat out most of the time.....also there are MRE's that are very good from an agent in Indiana at about $4.00 for a 2500 calorie meal X 3 times a day means your a fatazz real quick!...and I drink water or Iced tea in a can....milk/ice cream is good from a 7/11 or any of the small quick stores....I do have coffee/teas and tang type drinks-&-mix with powder/water type things. I don't booze it up as I can not stand any more pain-self inflicted or other wise....Might have a Bud Lite on the Beach at Christmas and a snort of Bailey's if I'm really cold in the winter.....mostly into fresh food prepackaged and chicken....Blood Mud is low and I need lubrication in the joints-so I have a Micky D's once a week if I remember....On the road I learned to keep it simple and easy to store....and of course remember if looks ar smells funny throw it out........geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote