View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #124
Ran D. St. Clair

Thanks guys...

I don't think I can wash it down with a heavy spray, like a garden hose, as there is no where for the water to come out. I would have to boil it out, and it would probably only hold a gallon or so at most. I know this is common practice for conventional toilets with black water tanks underneath, but those tanks are much larger than my fire box.

I am thinking that I could just keep a spray bottle on hand near the toilet. That way I could direct the spray as necessary and it wouldn't add to the liquid content by more than a few tablespoons.

I am not sure what would be compatible with the metal of the firebox. but I am guessing that a tablespoon of bleach or a tablespoon of lemon juice in the spray bottle might help get the job done without hurting anything.

Push come to shove, the toilet bowl pops right out and can be cleaned with a paper towel. As for the dry brown smear on the auger, as long as it doesn't smell I can just close the lid and live with it. I realize that the sight of it would gross some people out, and make this design unacceptable in some peoples eyes, but I am very much a pragmatist, especially in this application.
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote