View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #38
Bob86ZZ4

Thanks Gene. My kids think I should get it graphic'd up. But I have a hard time paying money for looks. My money goes to make it go faster or stay together longer.

I just went to the Mpls. r/v show last night. Only two truck conversions there. One was this one: http://busesandmore.com/rvs/2004-Show-Hauler.shtml

That one has been for sale for almost 2 years around the twin cities here. They were asking 140k for it last spring when I looked at it on the lot. I liked the looks of it and offered them $120k. The owner (it's on consignment) declined my offer. I found a truck I like a lot better for way less then so it worked great for me.

The other t/c there was this one I think: http://www.eldoradotrailersale...il.cfm?VINCheck=3443 . They are asking $334k for it. It looked very nice. Don't know if it's worth that much tho.

Lot's of class A's. Even mix of diesel and gas ones. They all look overloaded to me. A great moment was when Mrs. and I were in one checking it out and a few other people came in and started walking around and it was rocking away and she got motion sickness and had to run out the door. That thing really was swaying with not that many people walking around in it. My truck sure doesn't rock like that.

Several class C's on F450 chassis. Not a single C on a Topkick/Kodiac chassis. Did they stop making them?

A bunch of Sprinter based B's (is that the class they call those things?).

Lots of trailers.

Not a single bus conversion. I thought that was odd.

I thought most of the posted prices looked pretty good. It looked like the two t/c's were pretty popular by the amount of people going through them. I talked to a couple guys I didn't know and told them the plusses of a t/c.

I ended up buying a 22' fiberglass extendable flagpole:

I've always liked those things.