View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
geofkaye

....WITH THE MARKET CONDITIONS CURRENTLY...RENEGADE CAN DO ALL THE REPAIR WORK THEY WANT/CAN GET....the margin is kinda small for me to do anything but estimates for insurance companies...as i said- most are totaled....other options are more profitable as i can pick and choose what i do and what i let slide....it is called "cherry picking" IIRC....pictures are forthcoming as soon as i learn how to do the pix stuff on the 'puter as for now i have to send it to another guy to upload it.... too time consuming currently. I always follow the trucking interests as they deal with more frequent failures and in a lot of cases are self warranty stations with kickers from the manufacture.....that is why there are so many 500,000 mile tractors now on the market as that is the end of warranty-the larger interests dump the tractors very close to the end of life cycle at 500k. Trailer manufactures are going off shore now and they are all metal trailers-a metal unite is an overnite repair in most cases. An end user can repair the skin over nite and have the stock back on the road the next day-using marginal skilled labor whereas fiberglass [frp]requires some major skill development/and greater-environmental friendly refinsihing facilities-metal work doesn't -as the panels are prefinished as well as all the hardware plated and now all signage is large decal/photo done[at <$25 a sqft.]....from the standpoint of ease of repair-FRP is obsolete-as the cost factor can not compare to metal....facilities are included in any repair profit as you know I'm sure....and so is LABOR....the days of a body man for $12.00 an hour are long gone....but truck mechanics are working everyday and every nite for that kind of money-it isn't hard to find/hire them now-tools and all.......geofkaye and the Rivercity Girls spraying polyisocynate foam Wednesday afternoon.....and a quicker way of making $4000 by dinner time......
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote