View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 AM   #174
Bob86ZZ4

Oh my, I'm sure I've never run my batteries down that low. I was just guessing that would be a good time to charge them up. But, you've convinced me not to. I'll make sure to charge them up before 12.2v. The hard part is testing them with no load on them. The best way might be to wire a cigarette plug directly to the batteries. Then when I want to test the voltage switch off the main power to the house while testing. I'm not going to do that for 4 hours tho. Not worth rotting the food in the fridge just to see what the batteries are. I'm closer to GeofK on this. I've not done very much boondocking at all. I'm more of a K.O.A. guy than a state parks guy. Love the hookups and the wi-fi. My coach is also stored inside, climate controlled too. And always plugged in so the Iota charger/converter keeps all the batteries perfectly floating all winter. I've got a rotary switch to tie all 5 batteries together for that.