Thread: Minor Mishap
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
GENECARP

Picking my way through the TIGHT campground last weekend, many of the turns require a backup move to complete. Going around this last turn, carefully watching my front left corner, not feeling like backing up, i thought i had it, the corner in question rose up a little, an outcropping of rocks and some grass. Slowly i inched forward, then i noticed the front left corner of the Rig push up a little U--OOO. I backed up quickly, completed the turn, jumped out to see the damage. The left corner of the front bumper raised up about 1/2" . there is a (or was) a uniformed reveal going around the front, between the top of the front bumper and the bottom of the hood assembly, now on the left side this reveals tightens up as it comes around the left corner. Minor scratches on bumper, 80% will buff out, i am thinking of raising the hood, exposing the mounting bracket for the bumper, and introducing my sledge hammer. The bracket as i recall is pretty lightweight, so i am hoping i can persuade it back,,, F******* my first mishap, lesson learned, you can never rush, always take your time, when in doubt , get out and check it out, Gene