Thread: Building RV
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 08:05 PM   #5
KAYERIVERCITY

sjgotnitro:...I'm doing what you are planning right now. I have a Volvo 610 tractor N-14 super 10 speed with a diesel 12,500 watt Onan and a 37' custom car hauler trailer- the first 12 feet are living quarters and the rest is garage...it is all insulated to a R-14 with R-Max polyisocynate foam board + spray foam for voids and some of the Refletix bubble wrap over the drivers area of the Volvo...We recalculated the heat and cool needed and increased the insulation and decreased the size of the unites to heat and cool...13,000 btu's will cool the living quarters easy, even in the hot sun...I'm also all electric because of a previous bad experience with propane. Water heater takes 40 min for 20 gallons to 100 degrees or so microwave and 2000 watt electric heater for the trailer and/or the Volvo whichever I'm using or even both if necesssary. Pix to follow so Bill can load them as my new Dell 'puter is beyond me......I'll have a rig that will cost about $45,000 when finished-with a truck that is set to go 102 mph at 2100 rpms.....up hill and down.....operational costs are minimal at the most....geof
KAYERIVERCITY is offline   Reply With Quote