View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 AM   #6
blizzardND

I would defiantly agree with Price over construction. With this economy, and the 100's of conversions available for sale right now, buying a completed one at a discount will be much cheaper and far quicker than spec'ing one out and having one built.

So far, having started with a $16,000 truck and doing a lot of shopping in Elkhart for discounted parts, I have close to $50K into a 22' box atop a GMC 6500. The little things add up and the big things are expensive!

Do your homework and spend some time on Racing Junk to see if there is something close to your needs. Then after selecting a few truck that fit, call and ask questions, get dyno sheets, history reports and scale tickets. Then buy a airline ticket fly out and drive the unit. The money you spend on that trip will be chump change compared to the price you pay for a unit like this and it will be a bargain if the truck is a dog or mis-represented.

If it wasn't for my need for the unit to fit under my 9' garage door, I could be RV'ing in any number of units in my 50-60k range.

Good luck
-blizz