View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #234
Ran D. St. Clair

Bob,

You read my mind. That is the exact ladder I was lookiing at. It's a bit pricey but looks to be a quality unit and very compact. It's really my only viable choice. I have seen some that fold up accordian style, but they end up much bigger.

On a different topic, I completed my refrigerator mods to minimize food sliding around and falling off of the shelves. It was surprisingly easy to make out of some 1/4" aluminum rod, 1/8" bungee, cable ties, and some of those self sticking cable tie mounting pads. I won't claim that it's a great idea though. It remains to be seen how well it works, how long it lasts, and how convenient it is to use. I have added Pix under keyword "Stealth" as always. They tell the story better than words. The bungees can slide back and forth on the rods to accomodate different sizes and placement of food.

I didn't do anything to prevent sliding on the "floor" of the fridge. I figure stuff can't fall off the floor. If things start sliding around enough to bang the doors open from the inside, or tip over and make a mess, I will have to add similar provisions down there. I plan to live with it a little while first and see what happens though.

To be continued....
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote