View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
geofkaye

.....should you need to go to panic mode you can call the office at 888-513-5293 during the afternoon and the girlz will find me and I should return your call asap if you have any questions....unless all hello has broken loose and I have to clean up someones mess......[which happens at least 2 times a day]..... Next: do not remove the dual wheels as you will be loosing the rear lateral traction that keeps you sorta in your lane when the wind comes from a different direction.... [somewhat unexpectedly]-which you will get used to now and then. I in No Way want to have you miss that experience with a Fuzie on the X-way...one of the true thrills my business partner had on the way to Colorado a few years ago in a Budget Rental-he is now a believer in a HDT-[though a slow learner]-someone from above convinced him.....The box acts like a big sail and lane changes are the norm in cross winds-interestingly enough my business partner didn't change lanes as he was on a bridge....removing the paint from the wheels and some damage to the drivers side of the truck....but having him look down at a river or something while rubbing the truck on the guard rail and concrete barrier wall was enough to convince him it was time to step up to a road tractor instead of a city truck.......you are in for a great adventure building/driving a personal RV...remember to BOLT everything down or use e-track/belts to secure it to the wall anything less will cause moving furniture and appliances because of the spring ride-usually forward and backward movement but occasional side to side in turns...and you will not know about it till you enter the box because of no pass through....exciting! Just something to look forward to without air ride......I'd suggest finding some carpet foam and making pads about 2 inches thick to mount the appliances to to keep the road shocks to a minimum-and don't tell the supplier it is for a RV as it will void any warranty......use SO chord for all wiring or use plastic conduit and make a small clamp to hold the plug into the reciptical or maybe twist lock plugs on all connections as the vibration will unplug all your electrical stuff in the first block.....I have been there and have done the above....best of luck on this project and keep us all informed.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote