View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
geofkaye

...gee thanks Bob86ZZ4!....just what I wanted to do tonight.....BUT since I was in the sun today....I need to go to bed early cuz I'm at it again tomorrow.......basically there are 2 different methods of building the box-one being FRP which is obsolete now and the old steel stud and siding method.....I only will use the steel stud and siding method as the FRP will de-laminate and bulge allowing water/vapor and air to get into the sandwich of fiberglass-wood and insulation which will in the end have to be repaired or the unite sold off at a reduced price.....with the stud and siding method any water that gets into the structure will leak out the bottom if insulated with foam board or fiberglass batt or even come out as water vapor if some holes are available for it to do so. I use spray polyisocinate foam-the voids are completely filled and no water will accumulate in the space as it is filled with insulation with a 7.0 "R" value per inch-there is no air movement[which accounts for 40% of heat loss] because the foam will expand into every crack and void-eliminating any air or water leakage.....simply put it is a more expensive method of insulating with longer term results that eliminate the moisture issue altogether...but as always-one gets what one pays for....more so in the RV industry than any aspect of the construction industry....more later when I've had my "....beauty rest" .... geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote