View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #10
blizzardND

Hey Tommy, If you have a chassis shop, then I suppose you understand the economics right now; My best friend from HS has been building drag cars for 25 years out in Ontario CA, he is pretty much keeping his shop booked (swamped) for repairs and alterations due to the fact you can buy almost new cars for 1/2 the price right now.

My opening remarks is a speech I give most everyone lately, maybe out of frustration with the fact that after $70K+ and almost a year of work, I still have a good month or 2 of weekends before I can hit the road with mine. So unless the guys that asks the same question you did is prepared for that, I'd like to save him his year and bank account.

Having said that, with your background, I'm sure you could take something that is close, and make it "special" without the hassle of stretching frames, drive-shafts, ordering windows, building storage boxes and wiring generators etc..

Unless you have a real cool totally off the wall cool idea, then of course you should tell us right away, because we like cool, neat off the wall stuff here!

-blizz