Thread: Wall Slide
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #7
mmmc101

377pete, I am building a toterhome on a KW W900B. I have built the hitch assy,bed (6ft)and framework for the box (12ft).After looking at numerous motorhomes both with and without slides,I decided on two opposing slides,both 72". One will be for a sleeper sofa,the other for a table and two captains chairs.I looked at several used slideout assy's at RV salvage that met my requirements.They all would require extensive rework and were priced in the $800-$1000 range.
In my research,I could only find two companies that manufacter these units.One company (I won't mention their name)would not even talk to me.Told me to have my Engineering dept contact them with my design drawings.I then contacted Liftco. They were extremely helpful.Sent me all of their literature on their products and answered all of my dumb questions.They make several types of slides,below the floor,in the floor and above the floor depending on your needs.I have deceided above the floor is what I will go with given the space requirments for the below the floor unit (will not clear the fuel tanks)and complexity of the in floor unit. Since I have just deceided on what I want, I have not obtained a price on these units.If the price doesn't fit the budget I will resort to building them myself. I just hate to reinvent the wheel. I will post some pictures of current build status as soon as my son shows me how!
Maybe someone that has been there done that will give us some advice/insight. All opinions/ideas are welcome.
MMM
mmmc101 is offline   Reply With Quote