View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
Dances with Trees

Hi

Thanks for that.
I am currently looking at several trucks, my brother, a professional driver found a really nice Pete he knows very well in Toronto, and I am looking at a 2002 Freightliner with a new recon Cat locally. Both are conventional cab, I really like the cab over, however they are rather hard to find up here in Canada. I did find two near NY city, and dirt cheap at $3900.00 each and relatively low millage. One is a tandem, the other a single axle, the tandem is the preferable choice.
I am kind of leaning towards the Freightliner, a friend of mine owns the dealership, which provides for a small portion of confidence the truck is a good one to start with.

I have been driving Land Rovers for years, this particular truck is heavily modified, the only factory original parts are the chassis and the body and I have driven is across the continent eight times so far. She is a diesel and will cruse at 70 all day long.
I have promised myself I am NOT going to drive straight through to Vegas this year. I have two races to cover, first being in Arizona October 15th which is two weeks before SEMA. I am hoping that will be enough of an incentive.

have a great day.
:-) :-) :-)