View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #19
blizzardND

DOc, where are you finding cheap RV parts? The New RV parts are as expensive as ever (I suppose the demand from every one fixing up their old ones rather than buying new?) And a trip to Elkhart to the Surplus stores like we did gets you a whole lot of parts cheap, but then you find out later why the cookie cutter company didn't use them in the first place, stripped threads, obsolete windows in our case, unknowingly we bought 4 right side windows, then found out to get 2 lefts would take a special run at over 400 dollars each. plus 3-4 months wait. Although we bought a trailer full of bargains, I have a whole pile of stuff that I didn't use, and had to order out of the catalog$.

Our best deals were watching the Menards sales flyers, buy the stuff when it goes on sale and stashit 'till we needed it. cabinets, doors, drawer pulls, all plumbing other than tanks and pumps came from Menards. ceiling panels, wallboard, flooring-Menards Same with electrical although we found our lighting 110V at Lowes.
I have a stash of RV outlets and other goodies that I'll make someone a good deal on. I'll post pictures of the stash later this weekend.

Good luck on your build, You can call me anytime to chat it's easier than typing. cell 701-793-0919 -todd
I'm certanly not an expert on this stuff but I have had an excellent 1 year course on this subject.
blizz