View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
Bob86ZZ4

I bought my t/c in April. I've taken it on some trips around MN and love it. Right now I'm in Spearfish, SD. There are certainly some good climbs around here compared to MN. Nothing like the real mountains I know tho. My first three fillups of fuel I got 8.1 mpg (that fill was a lot of in city driving, start and stop, short errands and stuff), then 9.1 mpg for the next two. Some of that driving was pulling my enclosed car hauler, approx. 7,000 lbs loaded. Then this most recent fill I got 9.3 mpg. That was almost entirely pulling the car hauler and heading west across SD. I cruise about 66-68 mph. Cruise control almost entirely. On the steepest climbs it'll drop about 3 mph. At those speeds I'm turning a hair over 1400 rpm's on the tach. I sure am glad I joined the elite ranks of the truck conversion owners! My wife doesn't as much like the ride in the cab, not as smooth as our Allegro 32' class A gasser. The truck conversion pulling a 32' (length overall, ball to tailgait) enclosed trailer sure is a good way to get noticed too. Not a common site in most campgrounds and a good way to start conversations with fellow campers.