View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #5
Doc Weaver

Quote:
Good luck, but please do your homework before you write your first check, 'cuz it will not be your last.
No greater truth has ever been spoken on this forum.

The only thing I will add is this: decide before hand on form vs function. I was able to build a truck for less than most of the contributors in this site, BUT my build was focused on functionality. Blizz's truck is gorgeous. He built a truck that passes function and rides nicely into form. Either is fine in my book, but you must make a decision of, do I want to spend 30k and it only be functional. That means no: chrome, fancy seats, multiple windows, custom curtains, dropped frame, etc. You will also have to make a commitment to yourself to put in three times as many hours of sweat as you originally plan for. All your friends that say,"Sounds cool, I'd love to help", will mysteriously become busy hard to reach until you finish. Remember the story of "The Little Red Hen". You will realize the moral one week after you officially start your build. I'm sure that I am not the only one that had that happen. If it were not for this forum (and especially GK)I may have just given up on the whole thing.

Boy, I sound bitter. Sorry about that.

All I am saying is what everyone else did. Planning ahead is key.

Doc Weaver