View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 09:19 PM   #8
Radman

I remember a story in Bus Conversion magazine a few years back where a guy wanted to do the Rhino Coating on his bus. He ended up buying the franchise and the equipment since he was buying so much material for the bus. He was able to save a many bucks doing it himself. He was bragging about the savings and the tough finish but concerned that it added A LOT of weight. I have also seen several off-road bikes that the guys use the Rhino on because it’s so tough. Interesting proposition but It could have some drawbacks and its difficult to get a good shine .

On to the real question at hand … We prefer the full-body paint over the mill finish white, even if it’s a solid color with no or minimal graphics. We went with Silver and it looks very nice, easy to keep clean it's different than the "all white" that we see most of the time. It is somewhat pricey but we felt it was worth it. And it is just a matter of opinion like so many decisions on these monsters.

If you’re interested in getting a price in the Midwest (St Louis MO Area) you can call Brad at Craftsman Industries. They beat the big paint shops in Indiana by a bunch $$ and did excellent work. I left impressed with the quality and the attention to detail. We did some graphics on ours and they didnt even bat an eye at my design.

Rad