View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #2
geofkaye

....200k is the turning point for most mediums....300k is about it and 400k is a miracle of sorts....cuz when it starts to break up it is going to be expensive....at least from my experience.....a medium duty engine is about $6k and a rebuild is going to cost at least $4k....transmissions are either good or bad.....how lucky do you feel?...rears are good for 500k....other than gambling is there anything you really like to do?....From my point of view-and many will disagree with me-it's about the same as a car.....200k is selling time or be prepared to spend some money....wish I had a better experience with the mediums but I've had a bunch and they all start to go down hill really quick at 200-250k.....you can nurse them along and take it easy and you will get more out of them...your driving style will dictate the trucks life-but if you crank it like a HDT It will start to cost major bucks....But when I got to go I prefer a HDT because of repair issues and easy of service on the road....down time is usually a day or two at the most.....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote