View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
geofkaye

......SPF is the best value for the money and it won't let go of any surface you spray it on...after all it is a glue with a foaming agent and a smoke and fire suppressant added....aluminum frame will not be cost effective or I would use it-fastening and welding is not a problem for me.......steel frame with insulated aluminum exterior and SPF with at least 3/8 inch plywood interior wall covering glued to frame will be quite enough to stand the test of time and road. Roof in 20 to 40 ga. aluminum one piece with NO openings will last forever if the edge is sealed properly....add a BAL air to air exchanger and your moisture problem will disappear all together-without keeping the windows open all the time you are in the rig.....people sweat/breath about a pint a day and it will mount up unless you exchange air-cooking-bathing and any "efforts" add to the air moisture rapidly.....SPF under the floor or a double floor with a layer of foam board between the sheets will keep the floor warm all the time....make it R-10 at least for comfort.....I was in a coach today with a wet tile floor and not only was it cold but slippery from the moisture.....$279,000 for it....another $2k to fix the issues like leaks and coldness-guess what company is out of business and the warranty is useless.....huummm....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote