View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
BravestDog

I wrote the website at least a couple of times requesting that they have a specific category for Class 8 Truck Conversions because that is specifically what I am looking for and I hated spending time sifting through all the other types of RV's to find the Class 8's.

Well, I just checked the "Advanced Search" feature. Go to "Category" then under that you click on "Toterhomes/RVS/Motorhomes" and now you are allowed to click on "Class 8 Truck Conversions".

Unfortunately there are only 5 listed at this time, but hopefully as time goes on, more will make the change over to that subcategory listing.

I'm not sure if I'm the one who is responsible for requesting the change, but I did notify the webmaster numerous times so I feel like I may have contributed...

See for yourself:

http://www.racingjunk.com/search?from=header

Success!!!

Happy days are here again, The skies above are clear again... Listen to the song here on you tube and shake a leg but don't hurt your back!

Version 1, Ben Selvin and the Crooners:

Version 2, Teddy Brown on Xylophone:

Version 3, Charles King:

Version 4, Jack Payne:

Version 5, The Lewis Trio:

Version 6, Wurlitzer Organ sound:

Version 7, Annette Hanshaw:

Version 8:

Version 9, Jack Albin's Orch:

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
Let us sing a song of cheer again

Altogether shout it now
There's no one
Who can doubt it now
So let us tell the world about it now

Your cares and troubles are gone
There'll be no more from now on,

The skies above are clear again
So, let us sing a song of happy cheer again,

Happy, happy, happy days
Are here again!

Here's more from Wiki:

Happy Days Are Here Again" is a song copyrighted in 1929 by Milton Ager (music) and Jack Yellen (lyrics). The song was recorded by Leo Reisman and His Orchestra, with Lou Levin, vocal (November 1929), and was used in the 1930 film Chasing Rainbows. Today, the song is probably best remembered as the campaign song for Franklin Delano Roosevelt's (FDR) successful 1932 Presidential campaign. Since FDR's use of the song, it has come to be recognized as the unofficial theme of the Democratic Party. The lyrics suggest optimism and buoyancy.

Matthew Greenwald characterized it, "A true saloon standard, Happy Days Are Here Again is a Tin Pan Alley standard, and had been sung by virtually every interpreter since the 1940s. In a way, it's the pop version of Auld Lang Syne."[1]

The song is #47 on the Recording Industry Association of America's list of "Songs of the Century".

One of the most influential recordings of the song was made 33 years after its first recording; this was Barbra Streisand's version in her 1963 album debut The Barbra Streisand Album. She also sang this song on The Judy Garland Show, in a medley with Judy Garland's Get Happy. While the song is traditionally sung at a brisk pace, her recording is notable for how slowly and expressively she sang it. By 2006, 76 commercially released albums included versions of the song.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote