View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Doc Weaver

Tim
I can't answer all your questions, but I will tell you what I did.
1) What framing construction is recommended for placing interior walls?
<span class="ev_code_RED">Mine was an aluminum box so I will defer</span>

2) What material should be used for interior wall?
<span class="ev_code_RED">I used plywood, sealed with KILZ on both sides. you don't want your wood to rot from condensation. I then covered the plywood with sheets of plastic from curbell plastics http://www.curbell.com/ </span>

3) What insulation should be used? <span class="ev_code_RED">Expanded foam board. Styrofoam squeaks. </span>

4) What kind of bonding should be used to connect FRP to frame to interior wall?
<span class="ev_code_RED">once again aluminum</span>
5) Lighting recommendation?
<span class="ev_code_RED">I just went to the local RV parts department and bought 12 volt lights and wired them to the battery. make sure and use some kind of fuse block. I also have lights connected to the generator. </span>

6) Window recommendation? <span class="ev_code_RED">I bought directly from Kinro The guys name was Eric at the Indiana plant. I bought my air conditioner/generator doors there too.</span>

7) What material should be used for the dividing wall between the living quarters and "garage" area. I would like to have a door for access between the two spaces.
<span class="ev_code_RED">I used 2x4 wood studs and 3/4 inch plywood, with a prehung door from Lowes. Make it strong. You don't want a load shift coming through the wall. </span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Just a side note INSULATE INSULATE INSULATE!!! I went back after my first trip and added more insulation to the floor. The wind makes that floor cold when running down the highway. noisy too.

Good Luck
Doc Weaver</span>