View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
SRHD

The truck sales business is All Truck Sales

I do not know how much they paid for the truck. I was talking to him about something to pull a 34 foot livestock trailer thinking I might find one of the smaller International's with a DT 466 or something. I really didn't want spend more than 10 grand. We were on the phone and I was telling him what I wanted and he said that he had received an email a few days before about this one. He took care of all the negotiations with the bank. I hope he got something out of it. Although he may have just done me a big favor. Don't know.

As far as a retail price, I have seen similar trucks on Ebay for $20000 to $30000. There is a new one on Ebay right now that is very similar but NEW with a buy it now for $59000. I really never paid that much attention to it because I never thought I would get something this nice.

I did get the warranty history. I called the company that owned the truck but the phone was disconnected. I think they went belly up being how this was repoed.

For the money I didn't think I could go too wrong. It cost me $650 to get it shipped from Detroit to Kansas City. I've put another $500 in small misc. parts so far. Had to get the air compressor straightened out and working. I plan on pulling it for a few months to make sure it is mechanically sound, then I'll get a steel flatbed for it. The rear bumper is bent up and the passenger rear fender is tore up. We have a ranch and with farm tags I won't have to bother with any kind of inspection.