View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
BravestDog

Hi Geof

How are you doing? I'm fine, more or less. Thankyou for your concern.

My health is ok. No major medical problems. Other than financial problems, everything is fine. Things could always be better or worse so I'm thankful I'm alive and have the ability to move around, eat, drink. I'm thankful I'm not in a wheelchair or have some horrible disease.

While surfing the web, I found the euthansia link by accident and it made me think of multiple deceased family members and my deceased dogs. The dogs I euthanized as they got old or sick, the family members I watched them die normal deaths, organ failure, old age.

That led me to think of Dr Jack Kervorkian, whom I consider a compassionate doctor, not a murderer as he was convicted of.

I feel sorry for people or animals who are starving to death or don't have clean water or proper medical care, shelter... and suffer.

Anyway, that's why I posted the link. For educational purposes. I feel like as citizens of the United States, we should be able to choose when we want to die, especially if one is terminally ill. Last thing I want is to lie and waste away until death takes me. That can take a long time. The body is a real struggler. It does everything it can to stay alive while the illness does eveything it can to end your life. Seems like a wasted battle. Euthanasia solves the problem.

What are your thoughts on euthanasia?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote