View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
BravestDog

This video is not meant to encourage suicide but to show euthanasia. We are all going to die someday and I would like to be euthanized rather than suffer from some horrible illness just to die later. I wish we had these types of clinics in the US.

Remember Doctor Jack Kervorkian? A Pathologist who assisted 130 in euthanasia during 1990-1998. After euthanizing a patient on "60 Minutes" tv show, he was charged with and found guilty of 2nd Degree and spent a 8 years in a Michingan prison, leaving in June 2007. He is my hero. I feel so sorry for him to have to spend 8 miserable years in prison when he could have been helping people by euthanizing the sick. For more info on Mr Kervorkian, go to the Wikipedia link below.

Here is what the Judge told Mr Kervorkian during the proceedings:

The judge sentenced Kevorkian to serve a 10-25 year prison sentence and told him: "You were on bond to another judge when you committed this offense, you were not licensed to practice medicine when you committed this offense and you hadn't been licensed for eight years. And you had the audacity to go on national television, show the world what you did and dare the legal system to stop you. Well, sir, consider yourself stopped." Kevorkian was sent to prison in Coldwater, Michigan.

Why can't Judges just keep their mouths shut and do the sentencing? Why must they always have some comment to make? Poor OJ, had to listen to that lady Judge when he was sentenced. That should have been punishment enough.

With my luck, I'd drink the solution, enter into a pre death state, vomit up a portion of the solution which would render the solution inadequate to euthanize me, then enter and remain in a vegetative state on life support for years, while the State of California, County and City lawyers argue in court, who, if anyone, is going to pull the plug on the life support machine, and finish off what I had intented to do in the beginning.

Short video showing a man going to the clinic to die.

Wikipedia link re Mr Kervorkian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kervorkian
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote