Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-26-2004, 03:26 AM   #1

I have found several T2000 Kenworths with C12 Cats and Autoshifts, mileage around the 550,000 range, if anyone is looking the price on these units are around 28,000. These trucks are Red in color and are model yr 2000.
Let me know if you are interested. I can refer you to an individual that has these trucks.

Question that I have for you experience Conversion Scientists!

Can a T2000 be converted to a single axle relatively inexpensively? And who out there has done one or two.

I have heard that Kenworths are expensive to convert to Single axles. And, I heard some can't be converted ?

Help me with this.

pbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:38 AM   #2

I was at United Specialities Wed and they are doing a motorhome conversion on a T-2000.

He mentioned that when they do the motorhomes on a T-2000 they have to be careful about overloading the front axle.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:52 AM   #3

Truck conversion shop in Austin, TX, does just T2000 tractors. They all appeared to be red, with autoshift transmissions, so my best guess is the trucks come from CFI's fleet.

I've only seen one of their trucks in person -- single axle - but did not have the sense at the time to check out how it was done. This same truck is shown on their web site and printed on their sales documents. I'm attemting to locate the web site now and will post whenever I find it.

T2000 -- sweet rig!!

don
Don in E Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 01:32 PM   #4

don, mase sanford, my rig is a T2000, it's also a single rear axle, there are pic's in warhourse' folder. if you have any questions, hope i can answer them. oh-- the thing to watch out for if over loadin' the front tires-- the 12000 front is rated at 13600-- so the tires are next. a 14000 or 16000 would be best. i'm ok but i might go up a size on tires. --- mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 05:47 PM   #5

Mase-
Just popped over to the photo dept. and had a look at your rig. Fine lookin' machine! One question, though, and not to be nosey(me? right!), but about what did it run to have your factory sleeper removed? If it was all figured in w/ the conversion, don't worry about it, just thought you might have an idea. Again, one smooooth lookin' rig! Gary Atsma
Gary Atsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 08:59 PM   #6

Mase, geof here, what is the mural on the back of your rig....I can't see it well enough to figure it out...if you got another pix I'd appreciate it....geof
KAYERIVERCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:23 AM   #7

What year are the T2000's with C12's? I have a large group of CFI'S For sale. N14 Cummins 460hp Auto Shift. Miles in the the 500 to 600,000 mile range. 2000 2001 2002'S prices are under NADA retail. The thing about the CFI Trucks that makes them attractive is the maintenance the trucks have had. When your buying a class 8 vehicle regardless of engine make find out what HP and torque the truck is capable of. A C12 could be a 430hp at 1650 or it could be a 380 at 1450 torque. They can turn up HP and Torque depending on what the transmission is rated for. The same applies for N14 Cummins M11 Cummins Detroit and the bigger Cat motors also. I Think the bigger the hp and torque the happier your gonna be with yor truck fuel mileage will be better also the bigger motors seem to last longer.
KWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #8

......KWMAN ....a word of warning.....be careful how you post your wares.....every now and then someone gets upset and starts a poop flood about commercial sales[which lasts for a week or two]....Not that I care-I just don't want to travel all the way MO. for a truck- but there are some very opinionated people on this board and it does take very little to get them P & Moaning- [AKA whinning}.....[from my personal experience]....and I have nothing to sell to anyone.........geofkaye-I'm a buyer/not a seller
Old 05-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #9

KWMAN did it right, he added some useful information sprinkled in with a short plug. I got no problem with that. BTW welcome to the sight!

It's the clowns that stumble on to the place and post a commercial with no useful information who will get bounced.

Bill
Old 05-31-2005, 07:44 AM   #10

KAYE RIVERCITY: Thanks for the advice. I love these Forums. and I am amazed at how smart a lot of these people are about trucks. I am opinionated myself. These people work hard for their money and I would just hate to see anyone buy a truck that isn't what they would expect when it comes to performance or condition.
KWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:00 PM   #11

....not only that, but if they have a bad sale/deal .....everyone is going to hear it also....most are on 3-4 lists and are ,shall we say, OUTSPOKEN......geofkaye
Old 05-31-2005, 10:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally posted by vapoppa: my rig is a T2000, it's also a single rear axle --- mase
Mase, that is a nice looking Kingsley.

Out of curiosity, what were your thoughts in dropping the second drive axle from the KW instead of keeping it?

John
Blue Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #13

Geof,
The mural is beautiful.. it is captioned,
"THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD"
with a picture of the lord holding a lamb and the flock of sheep around his feet..
Mase must be busy...
That fine gentleman has given me a lot of information on the build of his Motorcoach to help me make decisions on mine... His choice of a macerating toilet has now become the standard for Kingsley... very impressive machine... all designed by him and very custom...
specs are great...
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #14

....that's neat!....If I had better eyesight or a better pix I may have figured it out earlier...[DUH! ME] thanks for letting me know....geofkaye
Old 06-05-2005, 06:54 AM   #15

sorry guys that i did not responded-- i'm in fairbanks ak today- we went into canada may 2nd -- went to ottowa then cross country. have had a ball, seen moore stuff than i can tell about- the coach has been flawless-- the only thing that i'd do differently is to put more capacity in the suspension. the roads in canada and alaska are full of frost heaves and places where the subgrade has moved. we'll be in denali and anchorage this week then back down through kirkland wa. for those who haven't traveled in canada - when you go rent a canadian phone. most of their phone seem to be gms technology an ours are cdma. plus roaming agreement left a bit to be desired. we've seen deer, bear, antelope, big horn sheep, stone sheep, dal sheep, bison. oh- computer hk ups are not as easy to do up here. thats why this is nearly the first chance to post one neat thing-- with my speed being slower my milege has come up - the last tank was 9.19- and that dosen't count what gets burned in the hot water heater. sorry for the long post. bill, the new rig looks fabulous, have fun sir, you have earned it. mase
Old 06-05-2005, 06:57 AM   #16

oh-- thanks, john for the kind words-- haven't spoke for a while hope every thing is good with you-- mase
Old 06-05-2005, 07:08 AM   #17

blue skies john-- dropping a rear is ok if there is enough capacity [weight] in the single-i'm at 23,000 rear and per my other post i'd recommend 16,000 front and 26,000 rears. tandems add stability [anti-roll] to the coach but they also eat up 50 h.p. and lose about 72" in basement storage-- so to me it's a question as to what yoou need based on how much load the axles will be carring--- that said- i do think that nearly every coach winds up heaver than planned.--- mase
Old 06-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #18

Hi pbarr,

Hi folks, this is my first time on the website so bear with me.

In response to your inquiry regarding the conversion of T2000's. BobT and I had a 2000 T2000 Autoshift (Red) converted to a single axle 2 years ago. We purchased this truck from our local Kenworth dealer and they did the conversion for us, The cost to convert was $1900 and they used Freightliner parts and removed the Kenworth parts.

We've driven this truck over 40,000 miles in the last couple of years and have had very few problems with the truck, and no problems with the conversion. We had our truck painted white and our bed diamond plate. There's a few pictures of the truck on this website under photo galleries and sgillam.

Good Luck

SGillam is offline   Reply With Quote