Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes

Old 05-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #1

can not believe how @#$*( rude the auditor office was to me here in bellingham WA.
SORRY just venting

Old 05-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #2

Why, didn't they want to register you're truck?

Old 05-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #3

Its not that they wouldnt,its just she was extremely rude and her tone in her voice and said it had to be inspected by state patrol
Old 05-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #4

I wonder if you can get it inspected by any cop. In MN if you want to register a rv you've just created you need a cop to inspect it and sign off on a form swearing that it has whatever rv type stuff it needs. Like a toilet, stove, generator, water supply, etc.... I know other states have something like that too. A friend of mine here in MN built a few truck conversions for people out of state and I inspected them for them and signed off on the form for whatever state they were from so they could get them registered. I'm just a St. Paul cop too. If it only needs a local cop to inspect I bet you could call the city cops you're in (or sheriff if you're not in a city with cops) and they'd send somebody over for a "vehicle inspection." Otherwise maybe you've got to take it to a state inspection station of some sort?

Not unusual to find a cranky clerk at a dmv office. You wouldn't believe some of the stories some people bring in to them. Maybe she just finished dealing with some idiot and took her anger out on you. You'd think anybody would just be happy with a job these days.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #5

IDK WA is a *&*** place to live.
The cranky clerk thing isnt because she was in a bad mood,it was probably because she was disturbed during her day of internet time.G wis 90% of the city and county officials around here are useless .
Old 08-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #6

Crash1:

Sorry to hear of your "rude" problems. Maybe the clerk was having a bad bad day; or perhaps they really didn't care. At any rate, there is no excuse for that type of behavoir. A report to the person's supervisor would certainly be in order.

However, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater . . .

Here in Michigan, I went through the licensing/registration process three summers ago. Here we call it the Secretary of State. I went in and talked to a clerk, and asked her what was the process to get my Peterbilt titled as a motorhome.

This is not an everyday event for these folks. She had to look up the process in their procedures manual. It took about a half hour for her to sort it all out.

She then told me I needed a certificate of insurance, a weigh slip from a certified scale, and a plan or layout of my 16' dry box which was to be the motorhome/living portion of the vehicle. That was in June of the year.

I took the clerk's name for future reference.

In September, I went back back to the same Secretary of State's office with the required documents. I asked for "Betty" the lady who had helped me four months previously.

I walked up to her window and handed her my documents. She said, "Oh, I remember you! Let's see what you have here."

All was in order, and she proceeded to process my application for a new title for my Peterbilt. I two weeks I received the new title in the mail, and across the top, it says Peterbilt Motorhome.

This lady was fantastic! She made the process smooth, and enjoyable. No hassle, no bureaucratic BS; she did her job professionally and in a helpful manner. When my title arrived, I telephoned the SOS office where Betty worked, and spoke to her supervisor, telling her how great this woman was who helped me with a difficult process. Her supervisor said, "Betty has been her for 35 years, she's one of our best. She knows more about the Michigan Uniform Motor Vehicle Act than the people who wrote it."

So, there are "good" public employees, too.

Just my story.

Highway OPie (Speed Gray) Grand Rapids, MI: 2003 Peterbilt 379 Motorhome; 550 hp 6NZ Caterpillar C15, Eaton-Fuller 18 speed transmission, 3.36 rear; 63" sleeper and 16' Morgan box.(highwayopie@aol.com). There are many Peterbilts, but this one is mine!
Highway OPie is offline   Reply With Quote