Join Truck Conversion Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 02-16-2016, 03:00 PM   #11

Have you looked around on Racingjunk? There are lots of toters there: Toterhomes/RVs/Motorhomes, Toterhomes for sale on RacingJunk Classifieds - 242 available

Old 02-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #12

A (pto / hydraulic) wet kit isn't necessary.
Plenty of folks build car/jeep hauling mechanism using simple electric winches.

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #13

bob, thanks for the info, i believe you can get a 430 with a double bunk, i would like to stay under 11' to get in to my shop, agreed the link you sent me is a good deal, i do like the 630 also but i would like one with out the high rise bunk, and also for parks, appreciate the input, good to know. maybe i should re think the build
Thanks,
curtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #14

Jay's truck (the International on racingjunk) is a mid height sleeper I think? I'm sure you could call him to see how tall it is.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #15

the winch idea is cool, k i'am ditching the wet line kit, you guys are blowing all my ideas out the window
that why i come here for answers
curtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #16

Curt, I just sent you a private message.

I had some contact with a guy a few years ago that had bought a United Specialties Truck Conversion. He was in Canada. The truck was in USA. United Specialties had gone out of business. They hadn't certified for Canada. He had to get some inspection of some sort to certify for Canada import. I believe that International HDT I linked to on racingjunk was converted by Wayland Long at 2L Trucks in Texas. I'm pretty sure he's accepted by Canada. Might want to make sure though. Same for any truck you might find in the US if you're going to import to Canada.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #17

Default MDT/HDT where to start, who to trust

Hello everyone,

I've reading the forum for some time now and decided to write in to get opinions and information.

Looking to fulltime within the next 12 to 18 months and trying to decide between keeping the Class A or moving to a MDT or HDT in the near future. I started looking at MDT and HDT's on line and after a while it becomes a blur. I just worry that if I found something within budget and location, how do I know if it's any good. Is there individuals or companies that do reviews/inspections of these trucks that could help out buyers like myself. I would never live it down if I pulled the trigger on a truck to only have it die on me while starting out. I live in the Kansas City area and see lots of truck dealers but have not way of knowing who's trying to make a "buck" and who would sell what I need/want for pulling a 5ver. Thanks in advance for the advise and comments.

Randy
rwb223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:21 AM   #18

Hello Randy,

Check out Jacks Mayer's site for some really good info on the HDT decision. I recently purchased my HDT and am in the process of having it titled as a RV. I also live in the KC area and would be happy to answer any questions that I could for you on the process.

Jack and Danielle Mayer

Brad

seniramsu is offline   Reply With Quote