Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community

Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/)
-   HDT Discussions (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f98/)
-   -   hdt conversion in canada (https://www.truckconversion.net/forums/f98/hdt-conversion-canada-6045/)

iride2 06-07-2011 12:12 PM

hdt conversion in canada

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone.Im thinking of hdt for hauling our fusion toy hauler.Does anyone no how to get it registerd here.Attachment 100
any help
thanks chris

hot rod 06-07-2011 12:48 PM

You might try the escapees.com forums, they have a large following of folks hauling 5th wheel campers with HDT's, and I've read some good threads on licensing as an RV on there for a former commercial truck, but I was not looking for Canada info.

HDT - Escapees Discussion Forum

Good Luck!

ReneRitter 07-15-2011 03:24 AM

I just finished converting a 2005 Volvo VNL 630, it included the removal of the differential axle, the placement of the drive axle in the place of the differential axle and the shortening of the frame. Ensure the shortening of the frame is done by a certified shop because if not it may present a problem later on with registering the vehicle! the drive shaft had also been extended because of the differential housing.
There is a lot of information out on the net, escapees.com, and "red Rover" the truck, also there are several other persons who have a lot of good information on the subject!
I added a lot of excess equipment to my truck such as the MaxBrake, tire pressure monitors, back up camera, Jackeloopy wiring conversion, GPS etc. I took my first trip last May and had a beautiful ride, much more comfortable than the Dodge dually 3500 I had been using before! I felt in control for the first time, especially going down hill with our forty foot trailer. I'll try to post some pictures soon as I am new to this forum and am very happy about my rig! Hope this helps. RR.

rv_neal 11-17-2011 07:06 PM

Hi everyone.Im thinking of hdt for hauling our fusion toy hauler.Does anyone no how to get it registerd here.Attachment 100
any help
thanks chris

Hi Chris,
In Manitoba it was pretty easy. We just had to have a bed and a fridge and they let us register it as a motor home. Without the bed and fridge it would have had to be registered as a "private truck." I think it depends what province you're in.
Neal
Neal and Bernie's Excellent Adventure

ReneRitter 11-18-2011 03:44 AM

Neil,

Please visit my website I described how registration works back here in Newfoundland and Labrador, It also has some good information which I gathered in the past. www.hdtrvwhitelightning.com

#90-GTSC 11-18-2011 10:20 PM

Great Story

I found this very, very helpful. Especially the thought process and the reasoning that went into the truck. Great web site.

alpharv 12-19-2012 06:39 PM

I think the first thing that must be done is, the truck must be decommitioned. meaning removed from the comercial regestry.

hjsdds 01-06-2014 09:31 AM

Check out this Canadian site. rvhaulers.ca